The purpose of this document is to explain how you can create, modify and delete both users and teams on EqualTo.
To create, modify and delete users and teams, you must have the 'Team administration' organization permission.
To access user and team administration on EqualTo:
- Click on the 'Teams' item in the sidebar
Overview of this page:
- Create team: creates a new team with you as the team lead.
- My team(s): the list of teams that you lead or are 'in'.
- Other team(s): the list of teams that you neither lead nor are 'in'.
- Archived teams: the list of teams that have been archived. You can manually archive teams that are no longer in use to streamline the Teams page interface. See the “Modifying a team” section of this article for more information.
- Team menu: click for the following menu items:
- Edit team settings: Change team name, icon, and team id
- Delete team
A team is comprised of a team lead and a list of team members. The team members can be administrated by the team lead.
Creating a team
To create a team, click the "Create team" button and:
- Specify the team name
- Specify the team icon color
- Specify the team symbol
- Team id: This identifies the team in external data sources, such as Salesforce of Hubspot.
- Deployment Policy: This determines how plans are deployed to members of this team. The options are:
- Deploy plans to the entire team: members of a team all participate in the same list of plans (the plans that have been deployed to the team).
- Deploy plans to individual members: Each team member can have a different plan deployed to them. Plans won’t be deployed on the team level but on the participant level. This means that if a new user account is created in this team, a plan will have to be deployed to this user manually.
Modifying a team
To modify a team:
- Click on the 'three dots' next to the team name
- Edit team settings: modify the team icon, color, team id, and name.
- Archive team: When a team is no longer in use, you have the option to Archive it. This helps to streamline the “Teams” view on this page so that only active teams are visible. You can only Archive teams that either:
- Have only inactive users and no plans are currently deployed to the team.
- Have no users (not even inactive ones).
- Delete team: delete the team. Note that you can only delete a team if it has never had any members.
Creating a user
To create a user:
- Click 'Create member'
Then proceed through the wizard to complete user creation.
Modifying a user
To modify a user:
- Click the user to open their profile page
Overview of the profile page:
- The 'three dots' next to the user name open a menu with the following options:
- Upload a profile picture
- Remove a profile picture
- Deactivate or transfer to another team
- Delete User: Note that only users without transactions on their Account can be deleted.
- Email address
- First and Last Name
- Nickname: This is the name used in EqualTo email notifications sent to this user
- Preferred pronouns
- Job title
- Id: This identifies users in external data sources, such as Salesforce or Hubspot
- Payroll id: This id is included in payout reports to help identify users in an external system your company uses for payroll.